We are close to the end of the so called interim period of the nuclear negotiation between Iran and the International Community. Because of this, Iran has decided to launch another charm diplomacy message using the quite face of its FM Zarif. In a very soft video, Zarif invited West to respect Iran, end sanctions and above all “make history” together. Unfortunately, even if the video was a good idea, it is full of lies and false messages. In this article, very briefly, we will challenge the positions of Zarif, proving that a good video it is not enough to be considered a reliable peace partner.
Iran had a lot opportunities to make history and every time has used lies to bring ahead its covered nuclear program.
- There are not sanctions on pharmaceutical sector. If the Iranian banks were putted under sanctions, this is only because they have actively worked with the regime, financing the military nuclear program and helping Pasdaran in obtaining the nuclear know how in a illegal way. As Emanuele Ottolenghi and Saeed Ghesseminejad wrote, “Mr. Khamenei directly controls 23 percent of the publicly traded pharmaceuticals on the Tehran Stock Exchange; the equivalent, at current market prices, of $290 million. Altogether, the supreme leader controls two thirds of the Iranian pharmaceutical industry. Iran’s government controls 14 other companies, too. In fact, of the 27 pharmaceutical companies publicly traded on Tehran’s Stock Exchange, only 7 are controlled by the private sector. And Khamenei is not the only one getting rich. Ayatollah Mohammad-Reza Mahdavi Kani, head of the Assembly of Experts and secretary general of the Combatant Clergy Association, controls a pharmaceutical company worth $21 million. Iran’s ruling elite is getting wealthy from the medicine trade. If there is a pharmaceutical shortage, it has been created by the government’s monopoly on production, negligent mishandling of foreign currency and misallocation of general healthcare funds“.
- Without sanctions Iran would never return to the negotiation table. Iran always needed a strong world pressures to accept discussion. Unfortunately, until now, Iran used the negotiation only to take time, without changing nothing in its nuclear policy. For example, as actual President Rouhani admitted also during the last electoral campaign, Iran has signed the Tehran agreement in 2005 only to buy time and complete the Esfahan plant. Rouhani said: “While we were talking with the Europeans in Tehran, we were installing equipment in parts of the facility in Isfahan, but we still had a long way to go to complete the project…In fact, by creating a calm environment, we were able to complete the work on Esfahan”.
- Iran’s own fuel??? This part is really unclear. Iran has only two nuclear reactors. For fuel for the Bushehr nuclear reactor arrives directly from Russia, which provides all the necessary instruments for the plant. About the Tehran Research Reactor (TRR), as ISIS underlined, “Iran used this reactor to conduct activities possibly linked to early efforts to develop nuclear weapons. Without notifying the IAEA Iran irradiated uranium oxide (UO2) targets in the TRR and separated plutonium in glove boxes at Tehran Nuclear Research Center (TNRC) laboratories. Iran also admitted to producing small amounts of polonium-210 in the TRR in the early 1990s through the irradiation of bismuth targets. Polonium 210 is a well-known radioactive material used in a beryllium-polonium neutron initiator that starts the chain reaction in a nuclear weapon. Iran claims that the polonium was produced as part of a study of the production of neutron sources for use in radioisotope thermoelectric generators and not for use in a nuclear weapons neutron initiator. The TRR was under traditional safeguards at the time of the undeclared plutonium experiments and polonium production. This type of safeguards is not designed to detect such small-scale activities”.
- Also about the uranium enrichement, Zarif is liying. As the former head of the Iran nuclear agency Abbasi Davani admitted, the production of 20% enrichment uranium has nothing to do with the Tehran Research Reactor-TRR. In an exclusive interview with Isna, Abbasi Davani said: “In production of 20% enriched uranium we have already exceeded the require amount of TRR”. Abbasi Davani said this words in 2008…Iran continues to enrich uranium up to 20% until today…
- Zarif does not explain why, if Iran nuclear program is peaceful, Tehran has developed a parallel ballistic missile program and has asked the collaboration of Mister V. Danilenko, a former Soviet scientist who, as IAEA denounced, have helped Iran in working on making high explosive tests, relevant to a nuclear weapon development program, in Parchin military base (where Tehran denied to the international inspectors to enter).
- About Arak: the heavy water reactor of Arak, as Iran admitted in 2004, has nothing to do with “medical radio isotopes”. As ISIS, wrote, in 2004 in 2004 “Iran informed the IAEA that it was abandoning that plan. Suspicions remain that Iran will reverse this decision and decide to build a plutonium separation plant after the reactor is operational. It is currently expected to build hot cells to separate shorter-lived radioisotopes, such as cobalt-60 and iridium-192, for civilian applications. If operating optimally, the IR-40 would produce about 9 kilograms of plutonium annually or enough for about two nuclear weapons each year. Before it could use any of the plutonium in a nuclear weapon, however, Iran would first have to separate the plutonium from the irradiated fuel“.
Above all, what Zarif didn’t say, is that Iran has signed the TNP agreement. Thanks to this agreement, Iran could have almost for free all the peaceful nuclear know how that it needs. Despite this, Iran has developed a covered nuclear program under the control of Pasdaran, asking al the know how to people like A.Q. Khan, the father of Pakistani nuclear bomb. Now the question is only one…WHY?
Iran Missile Program
Iran Nuclear Timeline
Push on to enlarge the imagine